Thursday, March 25, 2010

White Fleece Kittens

After a week and a half of working on these guys, they're finally finished! Eleven kittens at once! Whew!

Since I love odd-eyed cats, I gave them a variety of different eye colors:
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue/Yellow
  • Blue/Green
  • Yellow/Green
  • Yellow/Blue
  • Green/Blue
  • Green/Yellow
This kitten is pretty representative of the litter. Average-sized felt-and-fleece ears, odd eyes, and that nice, big, round head that characterizes my designs.



I did have some moderate trouble with visible stitches. I prefer to sew tightly enough that stitches aren't visible, but it wasn't quite possible with this fabric. You have to look really closely to see them, so I'm happy that they weren't too obvious.



The fabric was interesting because it was hemmed at the end--if that's the right word. It actually made my live WAY easier, because I was just able to cut off strips of the hem, flip them inside-out, and quickly stitch up one end of the strip. Voila! Insta-tails!


Since I made them all at the same time, they follow the pattern pretty consistently--with minor variations, of course, since these are hand-sewn. The ears are a little different because I cut them free-hand from scrap material. (One kitten has exceptionally large ears, all the better to hear you with, my dear.) Most are around the same size and shape, though.


All in all, they turned out well. I will be listing each one separately in my shop, simply because they almost all have different eyes and ears.

Next up: more fleece kittens in several different colors! Plus, the grand opening of my shop next week! Tune in tomorrow (hopefully) for more Nekomancy Plush! Same cat time, same cat channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment