Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Alien cat

So, I've been thinking about relaunching my plushie business that I abandoned in college because I got too lazy. I cannot find my patterns for the life of me, though. Will keep looking... it would be a shame to have to start everything from scratch.

In the meantime, I made a new kitty pattern, and tried it out using cheapo felt. There are, ah, some kinks to work out, as evidenced by my conversation with Ray once I finished the first plushie using said pattern.



Ray: ... What is it?

Me: *sputtering* What do you mean, "what is it?!" It's a cat!

Ray: Oh.



Me: Now, did you ask what it was because you really can't tell, or because you didn't look at it too closely?

Ray: Well, I looked at it, but it didn't look like much.

Me: *sputtering again* What?! I created it! I pulled it into this world out of nothing!

Ray:... you should put it back.

*facepalm*

Anyway, Alien Cat sits about 4" tall and is constructed out of cheapo felt, red thread because I was too cheap to go out and buy thread that matched the felt, and polyfil. There are some kinks to work out in the pattern, but it worked out ok.

I'm actually kind of proud of the "embroidery" on Alien Cat's face--the eyes are green felt, but the pupils, nose, and mouth are embroidered (my first time doing this, actually). I used regular thread because it's too cold and gray outside to go out and buy embroidery thread.



Oh poor, sad, big-headed Alien Cat of the sub-par materials... I hope you find love one day. You're no freakier than your average sphynx, after all.

Incidentally, have you ever seen a solid brown-colored cat? I never have. Isn't that wierd? You'd think brown cats exist, but they only exist with stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment