Sunday, March 7, 2010

Twin Winter Kitties

These two girls are twins--they're cut from the same swatch of fabric. However, since I'm not good at following my own patterns, they still turned out unique. I named them in honor of the record-setting snowy weather that hit Maryland just weeks ago.


Flurry and Blizzard are two quirky kittens. They feature odd eyes (one blue and one green) and out-of-control fluff. They both tilt their heads quizzically, as if they're studying exciting new prey--a laser pointer, perhaps?

I've always loved how odd-eyed cats look. There's something mysterious about animals with eyes that don't match. I find them very beautiful.

Blizzard is a wild child. Her fluff is out of control, and she looks like she's about to pounce on something exciting. 

Flurry is much more reserved. As you can see, I opted not to finish fluffing out the seams on her paws. I like the look--it makes her look like she's wearing little socks! It also makes her look less like a big ball of fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment